This hotel has a great potential, but is completely dissapointing!
On the good side, it is located in the old city of Kakopetria, which is a nice area to walk around. The hotel itself is a renovated old house with traditional-style furniture (hence the potential).
However, there are too many things that can (and will) ruin your stay there.
1) Breakfast. We stayed for two nights, Friday evening till Sunday morning. On Saturday morning the breakfast was minimal, nothing tasty and they didn't even have proper coffee (Nescafe sachets only!). On Sunday morning on the other hand, presumably because more people stayed in the hotel on Saturday evening, the breakfast was very big, with lots of different things to eat, various options for coffee, juice, etc. Quite hypocritical I'd say...
2) Room cleaning. Our room was clean when we arrived, but did not get cleaned again until we left! When we discovered on Saturday evening that the room hadn't been cleaned, we asked the lady in the reception to call someone to clean and she happily said she'd do it. But then noone came for the job...
3) Wine offer. When we booked the room, there was an offer for a free wine bottle with our stay there. First of all, when we arrived there was no wine bottle there, and if we hadn't asked for it on Saturday evening obviously we wouldn't get one. Then, when we asked for it, we got a small bottle of the cheapest kind!!! How pathetic!
4) Food. At best I would call it average quality. The are certainly better places to eat in Kakopetria, e.g. the restaurant by the old mill combines great food with an excellent view of the village.
5) Price. Way too expensive for what it offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linos Hotel
- Linos Hotel Kakopetria
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Linos Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.