We recently stayed at the Lakeside during the first week in May 2012 and it was the first time that we had stayed at a Warners facility. Warners list this as 4* accommodation on their website and we had paid to upgrade to a Standard Plus Chalet. We were most disappointed with our chalet accommodation therefore. Wall paper was peeling off the walls of the bedroom; the floor covering in the bathroom was torn and there was a persistent smell of rot in the bathroom necessitating us to keep the extract fan operating all of the time that we were there. In addition the door to the bathroom was holed and the door latch to the entrance door of the chalet was broken and the door could only be kept shut by using the key lock. The TV operated on a very limited number of channels until we discovered that it had apparently not been retuned since the change from analogue to digital, after retuning the usual Freeview channels were available. This chalet accommodation was lower than 2* in our opinion and in desperate need of refurbishment and structural repair. Towels although replaced on a daily basis were of poor quality. Meals and facilities in the central part of the complex were reasonable but we fail to see how they warrant the 4* rating that they appear to have been awarded by the English Tourist Board and the AA as claimed on the Warners website. The archery was fun but the arrows could have done without having many of their flights missing.
- Also Known As:
- Warner Lakeside Coastal Village Hotel Hayling Island
- Warner Lakeside Coastal Village Hotel
- Warner Lakeside Classic Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Resort. You'll love the lake that gives this Classic Resort its name but Lakeside is about the seaside too. Sea air and great views are all part of the magic here. There's plenty to keep you busy at traditional Lakeside, including an indoor bowls complex. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less