1. Dirty toilet. Actually visibly dirty which any cursory toilet clean should have removed. Very bad first impression.
2. No net curtain so no natural light as our room faced the garden and if u wanted privacy then the curtain had to stay closed.
3. Very poor artificial light in the room - lamps had big shades which made it difficult to read.
4. Decor dated and a bit jaded throughout- eg big ugly cabinet selling all manner of tacky souvenirs in the corridor
5. Stingy toiletry selection - no body lotion , no face cloths
6. Charge for newspapers to the room / no extras at all were given.
7. Service at breakfast a bit sparse
The location is fab. The bed was very comfy and the food at breakfast had a good selection of local produce.
They need to do a good bit of house work to call this a five star hotel though unfortunately.
- Also Known As:
- Culloden Estate And Spa
- Culloden Estate Hotel Holywood
- Culloden Estate Hotel
- Culloden Hotel
- Culloden Estate Holywood
- Culloden Estate & Spa Holywood, Northern Ireland, UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing high on the wooded slopes of the Holywood hills, overlooking Belfast Lough, is the magnificent Culloden Estate and Spa, one of the most prestigious 5 star hotels in Northern Ireland.Originally built as an official palace for the Bishops of Down, the Culloden stands in 12 acres of beautiful gardens and is 5 miles from Belfast City Centre. The exclusive Spa offers health and leisure facilities, and a full range of ESPA spa therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Culloden Estate & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.