We spent a week at the Silvretta Parkhotel (the hotel looks out on to the Silvretta mountain range, on the border with Austria, and there is a park across the road - hence the name) and LOVED room 509 (yes, its up two lifts, but with views like we had from the balcony....). To get the most of the views (the snow on the mountain tops) we slept with the curtains open. There is very little traffic - the road outside goes to Davos but most vehicles go via the tunnel bypass.
We ate from the buffet every evening. The variety was good with plenty of protein (fish, beef, chicken and pork) (as much as you liked, actually) to build you up for the next day's walking.
We went with Inghams, who had a very reasonable deal for half board (a must in Switzerland where a pizza can cost twenty-five pounds ($35)) which also included free local bus, train and ski-lift passes.
Walking is very straight forward - plenty of clear signposts and being so high up its easy to get oriented. Pauline suffered from altitude sickness on the first day, so watch out.
If you can, go to the Felabach restaurant in Sertig-Dorfli for lunch. There is a bus from Davos (we drove). The location is stunning, the food is excellent and after eating you can take a stroll to the waterfall at the end of the lane or even walk back to Davos.
The only issues we had were the shower (weak) and curtain (horrid clingy thing), and the number of flies in the hotel.
I believe that the Silvretta was one of the original hotels in Klosters - prime position - and it certainly has the best outlook. All the staff were really kind and attentive. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Silvretta Parkhotel Klosters Hotel Klosters
- Silvretta Parkhotel Klosters Hotel
- Silvretta Parkhotel Hotel Klosters
- Klosters Silvretta Parkhotel Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Silvretta Parkhotel has joined the select ranks of Klosters’ four star hotels. With a total of 190 beds in 95 rooms and suites, it is one of the largest and best equipped hotels in the town and the Prättigau region.Elegant, uncomplicated hospitality is our motto. The relaxed atmosphere is designed to make you feel at home. Our family-run hotel is the ideal place, whether you are an active individualist, a lover of good food and drink or just in search of peace and quiet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Silvretta Parkhotel Klosters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.