wow, where to start.... this is going to be a long list of superlatives!
Travelling alone through Nica for the first time I didn't know what to expect, but this place is one of the best experiences I have had in many years of travelling all over the world.
The tree houses really give you the true jungle experience.. rooms are simple with lovely fresh linen to lie and listen to the wildlife, waves (and wind!) at night. Howler monkeys are in charge of the wake -up call.
The infinity deck and communal lounging area is a masterpiece of design, all pulled together by the owners and great for yoga and pilates.
What really makes this place special is the gathering of the guests... genuinely very interesting and diverse people which led to great conversation, lots of banter and an enormous amount of laughter, gently stoked by the savvy and smart owners, Marc & Marielle.
I think this is one of the secret ingredients and applaud the communal table for breakfast and dinner.
The food is phenomenal.. I enjoyed Thai, morrocan, Jamaican, italian as well as local meals, all of them fresh, delicious and innovative.
The local beach, Playa Maderas, is a gem and I really got good surf there..it's suitable for all levels of surf and good for beginners.
Also worth noting you don't need to be here for surfing to get the best out of your experience, you will enjoy it whatever you want to do.
I made some fab friends here and props go to Marc & Marielle for a brilliant set-up.
Also good to have Dav and Linds onboard as part of the BVSC group, they really add fun to the mix.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Surf Club Hotel Playa Maderas
- Buena Vista Surf Club Hotel
- Buena Vista Surf Hotel
- Hotel Buena Vista Surf
- Buena Vista Surf Club Nicaragua/Playa Maderas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buena Vista Surf Club is an intimate design eco-lodge at Playa Maderas, San Juan Del Sur. A unique place for both surfers and non-surfers! Surf or learn how to surf or just enjoy the amazing beaches. Enjoy great home cooked, family style dinners with new friends, do yoga or relax at the 'infinity' sundeck and watch the wildlife from your ‘treehouse’! ... more less