My mum and I stayed here for 1 night on Friday 18th May as part of a Groupon deal - £39 including £15 credit to spend in the hotel. We won't be going back until some serious money has been invested in this place!
We found out on arrival that the hotel was sold by De Vere hotels to the Brittania chain on 4th May and is currently in a strange period of handover - some signs changed, some not but you can't benefit from any deals being run by either group.
It's easier to start with the positives as there are fewer :(
- the pool/spa area did look nice although quite small and very busy. We didn't get to try it our for ourselves as my mum forgot her cossie!
- the bedding and towels in our room were as new and immaculately clean
- an iron and full ironing board were provided in the room
- breakfast was fantastic! It usually costs £10 pp but as we had credit to spend it worked out at £5 for bothof us. Plenty of choice both hot and cold, lovely bread for toast, full size fresh croissants, gorgeous fresh fruit bar and full English.
- although we didn't use it, the bar area looked recently refurbished and modern
Now for the not so good....
- the room was terrible - VERY outdated with broken lights and wonky shades, no air conditioning (heating didn't work so room was freezing), huge old fashioned tv with no remote, outdated and shabby furniture and the bath was covered in marks with damp on the roof. We had holes in the net curtains and the hair dryer safety test expired in 2007!
- the restaurant was VERY expensive with a set menu for £16 (2 courses) or £20 (3 courses) but unless you wanted garlic bread then a burger there were supplements for everything. Glass of wine was £6.10!
- the corridors were dark, dingy and very tatty
- the toiletries were old fashioned and unpleasant and even the coffee sachets were unbranded
- every time we went to reception for anything there was someone complaining including an ant infested room!!
- only 1 pillow was provided - we tried to ring reception/housekeeping for over 4ins to get additional ones but no-one answered. Eventually spoke to room service who said they'd try and sort but pillows never turned up :(
My mum and I had a fab day shopping at Cheshire Oaks (15 mins away) and ate out in Stanley Heath so for us, a clean bed and nice breakfast were all we really needed but I would have been very upset had we paid any more than we did.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC