I have now stayed at this hotel 7 times in total - 6 times with family and once as a couple. I am returning for another weeks relaxing break this summer.
We have learnt that bed and breakfast is the best option as the evening buffets aren't amazing, but we prefer to go outside of the hotel for entertainments, drinks & dinner in the evenings anyway so this isnt a negative factor for us! Breakfast buffet is faultless - clean, tidy, good variety & attentive staff that recognise you each morning.
The pools are all very clean. I chose to lie by the tranquility pool as children aren't allowed here & it is bliss. However the other pools provide great entertainment for children, families & couples alike. The poolside restaurant is expensive, however food & drinks are fab, again I can't fault them. There is a cheaper little cafe also situated by the pool which is great for quick sandwich snacks and icecreams etc.
Rooms are spacious, relaxing & cleaning staff are very thorough and not to mention pleasant. Dressing rooms are a massive bonus as it means I have an organised & clean area to store all my clothes, shoes etc from my overpacked suitcase. As most other people have mentioned the rooms can be quite noisy but I don't pay to go away on holiday to sleep in late in the morning or to go to bed early at night so again this doesn't bother me.
The grounds are beautifully maintained & clean, with the odd cat wandering around. It is easy to get lost but you soon get used to it! I wouldn't reccommend for the anyone with mobility issues as there is quite a walking distance between rooms, pool, restaurants, reception, etc.
It is situated on a pretty promenade out of the hustle & bustle so very relaxing. Short walk from restaurants & bars - the 19th hole is a fab little bar with fantastic staff, would reccommend it! It is also only a short taxi ride from playa del ingles if you are looking for a busier nightlife.
I have never had an issue with food poisoning, unhelpful staff, or any of the other major negatives that have been mentioned in previous reviews.
My only complaints are;
Wifi is pretty rubbish in the rooms and you have to pay for it unfortunately. However again I don't go on holiday to sit browsing the internet.
& alcohol can be quite expensive in the hotel bars but what else would you expect in a 5*!
I have found the majority of negative reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel have been vastly exagerated & you can never expect a hotel of such size to be totally perfect. Infact you can't expect any hotel to be everyones taste or totally perfect. This hotel, for the money, provides a well rounded & extremely enjoyable holiday. I have already booked my next weeks stay in July & I'm really looking forward to it! Definitely reccommend it!!!
- Also Known As:
- Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso Hotel
- Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso Hotel Maspalomas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lopesan Villa del Conde Resort & Thalasso is excellently situated on the sea front on the south part of Gran Canaria, very close to Meloneras beach (300m) and just a few minutes on foot to the lighthouse and the dunes of Maspalomas Nature Preserve (800m). The 56,340m2, 5 star hotel construction reflects some of the most common characteristics from the canary Island traditional architecture and presents a similar structure to that of a welcoming town on the island, with a central square, gardens and charming stately homes with hanging wooden balconies. The spectacular reception is an authentic adaptation of one of the oldest churches on Gran Canaria, with two maintowers, a bell tower and central dome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Lopesan Villa Del Conde Resort And Thalasso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.