The Kirketon hotel is in a great location. The staff there is really amazing. They are so friendly and helpful that it really makes a huge difference. Can't say enough good things about the staff. We stayed in what was supposed to be a Premium Double room on the first floor. The room was size was what we expected, small by U.S. standards, but not tiny or crowded. The room had a window that was coated over and could not be opened. So, you couldn't see out. There was no view anyway as it would have looked into the wall of the building next door which was about 3 feet away (the bathroom window opened). As stated in other reviews, the rooms are dark. There just isn't much lighting. However that is how it's designed and we didn't really mind much. There was a separate closet area that contained the mini fridge, shelving and hangars. There is indeed a lot of noise from the restaurant and bar located on the ground floor. The restaurant and bar is very very popular. We received a letter from the hotel management in our room on Saturday letting us know it would be loud and they provided earplugs. If you are a light sleeper or don't want to sleep with earplugs, then another hotel is probably for you. We stayed up late, so for us it was not an issue. Overall, the room was in good condition. However, it's probably due for some refurbishing in the near future. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We would probably stay here again, but might also look for a similar hotel in the same area. It would depend on price vs. quality for us. For the price we paid, the hotel met our expectations.
- Also Known As:
- Kirketon Hotel Sydney - By 8 Sydney
- Kirketon Hotel Sydney - By 8
- Kirketon Hotel Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renowned for friendly and effortless service, the Kirketon Hotel welcomes its guests to experience the genuine warmth and charm of the professional team whose prime objective is to look after the guests. The intimate 40 room iconic boutique hotel is located in the heart of Sydney's restaurant, bar and nightclub district, moments from Oxford Street and Kings Cross Station and nestled in a quiet corner of the Darlinghurst, Potts Point and Kings Cross Triangle. Moments walk to Woolloomooloo, the Sydney Financial District, and Botanic Gardens, home to the award winning ‘Eau de Vie’ the Kirketon is ideally located for all accommodation needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Olotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Kirketon Hotel Sydney - by 8Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.