Despite being a platinum member of another hotel chain's rewards schemes I opted for the Hilton at Copenhagen Airport. I'd never been to Denmark before and had little idea what to expect. This was a short family trip and coupled with celebrating a birthday I also have an interest in aviation and I've had experiences at other airport hotels so I thought I'd give the Hilton a go.
Firstly my worries about travelling somewhere very new were groundless. The moment I stepped off the plane everything was a piece of cake, not least finding the hotel, it was an easy walk from the terminal to the hotel. We had arrived very early yet our rooms were already available. The front desk person was absolutely fantastic, so friendly, informative and with perfect English. It puts the British to shame really, as a nation we are not good with speaking other languages. I didn't go with the 'expectation' that people would speak to me in English, far from it, I had google translate installed on my phone just in case but it did make the whole experience easier!
I had already selected upgrades to my 2 rooms, because I had requested Airport Views, this would enable me to watch aircraft etc instead of watching the TV! I didn't really know what the upgrade would entail but I was more than pleasantly surprised.
We were given 2 rooms on the 12th floor, both were immaculate and had only just been refurbished. One room overlooked the airport, the other the city, the second of the rooms was quite literally massive with a sofa, large desk, huge bed. The room overlooking the airport was a twin, both rooms had floor to ceiling windows and both were extremely quiet.
With that in mind the only off-putting sound I experienced was on one night when the people next door decided to use the in room BOSE sound system to full effect, I'm not that keen on the Jackson 5! The rooms had good amenities such as tea, coffee facilities, mini bar, bottled water. Flat screen TV's on wall were of high quality, far better than many hotels I've been in. The bathroom was lovely, very big with both bath and walk in shower.
Room 1231 had great views of the airport so I could watch the planes coming and going, in fact for me it was a drag to leave the room!
And now the unexpected best bits! We had access to the 'executive lounge' where breakfast, afternoon snacks and evening drinks are served. In fact there was a free bar every night until about 8:30pm. The service in here was really nice, it wasn't like some hotels where it's stuffy and very business like, this was professional, but friendly and nice. I believe there is a distinct difference.
Breakfast was different to my other hotel experiences in the UK and Ireland but I would imagine typcial of other European hotels with more emphasis on the continental style of cuisine although bacon and eggs were served every morning as well.
Staff in this lounge were all, and I mean each of them that we interacted with, very friendly and knowledgable. In fact one of the ladies even brought a surprise birthday cake to my room and sang happy birthday. That was special. I have been very fortunate to stay in lots of pretty nice hotels over the years but this was exceptional service; as was the pride the staff had in the hotel and the room cleanliness.
I'm not someone that's flush with loads of cash and we saved for this trip, but all these extras made us feel relaxed and made for a much more enjoyable experience.
The hotel was also well connected not just to the airpot but to the Metro as well. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it was better being at the airport because we could buy the metro tickets at a 'manned' desk in the airport rather than getting confused using the ticket machines. It only took about 15 mins to get into the heart of Copenhagen.
All in all this hotel was easily one of the best I've stayed in, and I have now had experience of a good number. It's also restored my faith in the Hilton Brand as previous experience on the Isle of Man was a lot less satisfactory.
I wouldn't hestitate in recommending this hotel very highly. It may be a bit more expensive than some of the other hotels but I think it is worth saving a little bit more money for a nice hotel if it really adds to the experiences overall. In addition use of the lounge etc probably offsets much of the additional expense of food and drink.
I would very much like to visit Copenhagen again and I am certain that with the wonderful airport views, that the Hilton will be my number one choice. I have already expressed my gatitude to the hotel directly but publicly i would like to extend my thanks once again to all of the staff for such a lovely experience.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel Kastrup
- Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel
- Hilton International Copenhagen
- Hilton Copenhagen
- Hilton Copenhagen Airport Kastrup
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winner of the ‘Best Business Hotel in Denmark 2013’ by Business Destinations for the fifth consecutive year, the Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel is located next to Copenhagen Airport, a two-minute walk from Terminal 3 arrival hall via a covered walkway. This modern Copenhagen hotel, renowned for impeccable service and awarded the Green Key Certificate for Environmental Awareness, is 12 minutes from the city center by train and Metro services. Visit attractions such as Tivoli Gardens, Nyhavn, the Little Mermaid statue, and the National Aquarium - The Blue Planet - located walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is also easily accessible to Copenhagen Cruise Port, just 25 minutes away, and the Congress Centre, ten minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Copenhagen Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.