We thoroughly enjoyed the 4 days we stayed in the hotel - service is excellent; complementary minibar and fruit in the room (and even some easter cake) were pleasant surprises. Room was spacious. Dinner in Enoteca and Vendome were both excellent.
Only minor points as pointed out be previous reviewers would be the smoking in the bar, which still smells when you pass in the morning and the price of the parking (more expensive than the parking near the Dom in the very center of Köln) - luckily, there are alternatives, like in the Bensberg station which allows free parking with your ticket, or one side of the hotel where there usually some places. If neither of those options works, you can also park near the football stadion. It's a bit further and quite a steep walk, but you'll also discover some very pleasant walks in the forest which begin just near the stadion.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg Hotel
- Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg Hotel Bergisch Gladbach
- Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg Cologne
- Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg Hotel Cologne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in beautiful surroundings with a wonderful view of Cologne Cathedral lies one of the most beautiful baroque castles in Europe - the Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg. All of the amenities expected of a first class hotel await you here: a unique atmosphere, 3 Michelin-star cuisine from the Best Chef from Germany Joachim Wissler at Restaurant Vendôme, italian flair and cuisine in our Trattoria Enoteca with wine shop and generous Wellness treatments in our Beauty&Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, LHW, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.