My husband booked our stay at Secret Harbour as a result of reading the good reviews on tripadvisor. We arrived on our flight in St. Thomas around 9pm. Once we arrived at the hotel, we were told that the room we booked (oceanview) was not available. There was a "problem with the room." Not a problem, we thought. Surely, they will put us in an even nicer room due to the "problem." We were put into a studio condo up the hill. Our original room was right by the water. This room was up the hill and a walk away from the beach and water. So, we did not see this as any type of improvement. The front desk employee told us that we would probably get an even nicer room (beachfront) for the remainder of our vacation, but we had to check with the front desk the next morning. We were called the next morning by the front desk asking if we were checking out that day. We explained what happened the night before and couldn't help but wonder why there was no communication between the employees. We were told that our originally booked room was now available and, no, we would not be given a nicer room since everything was apparently booked for the week. We explained our dismay at having to move our luggage and not being compensated for their error, but absolutely nothing came out of our complaints. Once we moved into our oceanview room, it was clean and average in accomodations. Something was wrong with the bed. So, everytime we sat on the end, it would make a loud noise. We never did figure out what was wrong with it. We found the employees to be extremely laid back and not accomodating at all. They need some training in customer service. The views on the bay were beautiful and the beach could not be beat. It was very private and only people staying at the resort seemed to be there every day. The resort is not within walking distance of anything including stores and restaurants. You have to take a taxi or rent a car to get anywhere outside of the resort, which can get pretty expensive (minimum of $5 per person each way for a taxi). Also, there are several types of rooms. The Ocean Front is on the second floor above the scuba & gift shop. The Beach Front walks out onto the beach and are the best rooms. The Ocean View are up the hill and a walk from the beach, restaurant and office.
Overall, we would not stay at Secret Harbour on any future visits to St. Thomas.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel Benner
- Secret Harbour Beach Hotel
- Secret Harbour
- Hotel Secret Harbour Beach
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secret Harbour is St. Thomas’ best and only boutique condominium beach resort with PADI Dive Center located in the stunning US Virgin Islands. Our secluded cove and intimate setting offer guests every luxury and convenience. Individually designed Studio, 1 & 2 bedroom suites with tasteful tropical furnishings, fully equipped kitchens, lounging patios and all the amenities create the perfect base for your tropical vacation. Snorkel the clear blue cove, kayak, paddle board or just relax around the beach. The Sunset Grille and Cruzan Beach Club offer classic American Grill menus with a creative twist and island-style flair. Aqua Action, the resort’s on-site PADI 5 Star Dive Shop, will take care of arranging all of your water-based activities. If you choose to take a day off from exploring the underwater world, above the water are an array of activities. Day sails to the BVIs and St. John on Jester, para-sailing and fishing charters are all available through the shop. We strive to create the perfect island experience worthy of our crystal clear waters and sugary beaches. Secret Harbour is like nowhere else… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Amex, Booking.com, Otel, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Secret Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.