The Corinthia is well located within walking distance of the main square, the Basillica and the opera. Its on one of the main streets which does mean it can be quite noisy if you get a street facing room.
The service is 5 star - rooms are always clean - infact they have abseiling cleaners vaccuming the various corners of the hotel......staff extremely helpful and accommodating and breakfast is superb too.
The hotel bar is great - there are many parts to it so whether you want a beer with colleagues, or want to meet new people or simply to chill out, there is space for everyone. They also serve food.
There are two restaurants within the hotel - one I did not visit, and one in the courtyard. There is a good menu selection but I thought it was a little overpriced.
The hotel can be confusing as it spreads across many buildings, and signage is a little poor. The various buildings are connected by a glass roof - which although nice, and light, does mean that there is a lack of fresh air in alot of the rooms. I had an internal room, overlooking the indoor courtyard and so did not get any fresh air for the whole week.
Overall a good hotel, in an interesting city
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Grand Budapest
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal
- Corinthia Grand Hotel Royal Budapest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First opened in 1896 as the Grand Hotel Royal; a hub for the elite of nineteenth century society, and painstakingly restored to its original glory some hundred years later, the Corinthia Budapest – located in the heart of the city - brings together classic hotel opulence with the finest five-star luxury of modern times. While the gracious frontage, marble floors, sweeping staircase and breathtaking, six-story Atrium preserved from the original building offer glorious hints of a bygone age, the levels of comfort and convenience are all reassuringly up to date.A particular feature is the hotel’s original Royal Spa centre, with 15-metre pool, now extensively refurbished by the current owners to reflect the very best in 21st-century spa luxury while retaining the grandeur of the past. Without doubt the finest hotel in Budapest. Built in classic French Renaissance style, the Grand Royal became a beacon of luxury in the days of Emperor Franz Joseph 1. Designed as a centrepiece of Hungary’s celebrations to mark its first thousand years, the hotel’s grand-style architecture and unrivaled guest facilities were seen as state-of the art for the times. Much of the building was destroyed in the 1956 Hungarian Revolution and despite re-opening in more modest form in the 1960’s, the Grand Royal remained a shadow of its former self until the 1990’s; when new owners Corinthia Hotels gave the green light for an extensive restoration project that would retain the best of the old, while sensitively adding the new. Once restored to its original splendour, the newly named Corinthia Hotel Budapest re-opened its doors, as a five-star luxury property, in 2003. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Corinthia Hotel Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.