Located at Penn Center in Washington DC, the Hyatt is a contemporary, modern, atrium-style hotel with all the modern comforts. It offers an array of services and restaurants, including a Starbuck's in the lobby, and an excellent bar and restaurant. During my stay, I had spacious in-ward facing room with a comfortable bed, a well-appointed bathroom, and small desk for work. The hotel seemed full of business folks, tourists, and conference attendees. But the hotel seemed to function efficiently with very little noise and no commotion. A breakfast buffet available in the Grand Café downstairs offered a good selection of breakfast items, including freshly prepared omlettes. The area around the hotel also had lots of eating options if you prefer to go out for your meals, especially at night. If you opt to remain on site, there is a Sports Bar and a more upscaled Bistro-type restaurant.
While there is a discounted access to the adjoining health club, the hotel does not seem to have an exercise room. An oddity given the size of the facilities. Internet service was available at a significant charge; not sure if the cost is worth it.
Although I was on a business trip, the Hyatt seemed centrally located for tourism activities. The White House was not far; several museums were near; Chinatown was close. On my next trip, I will plan for some tourism time.
Definitely,a good location for short stays while on business. Not sure if I would recommend for families.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Hotel Washington
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in trendy Penn Quarter – with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access – this downtown Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the US capital. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms – just steps from Washington Convention Center. Relax by the lagoon in our lovely 12-story atrium. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Olotels, HotelsClick, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.