Just returned from a five night stay at this Riad and we can definitely say we would stay here again. It is a beautiful tranquil property and the website photographs are very accurate. The riad can be a little difficult for taxi drivers to find but armed with a map that the riad gave us upon arrival, we were surprised how close and easy it was on foot to where all the action is in Marrakech - the Jemaa el Fna and the souks - and yet located in a quiet neighbourhood, right opposite the Ben Youssef Medersa and close to the Marrakech Museum.
Upon arrival and following some complimentary mint tea served by the genuinely friendly concierge Simou, we were given a tour of the riad by the helpful manageress Hajiba and it certainly was impressive. It is actually two buildings so has two courtyards. Consequently, the roof terrace is huge with lots of corners where you can easily get some privacy from other guests if you want to. Our bedroom (Sahadiene) on the first floor was probably one of the smaller ones without a balcony but still appropriately appointed in classic Moroccan style. Huge comfortable bed, tiled floors, polished plaster walls, open fireplace (although it is the aircon unit that heats the room) flat TV, double wardrobes and two armchairs. The spacious bathroom had his and hers basins, huge corner bath, showerhead, bathrobes, toilet and bidet. The room was thoroughly cleaned everyday with fresh towels every time.
The riad has its own spa in the basement, several treatment rooms and can offer the full range of beauty treatments. We didn't try it though, preferring to explore Marrakech as much as we could in the few days we had and so cannot comment on how good the spa is. Similarly, the riad offers lunch and dinner and whilst several guests did have dinner, we can only comment on the one lunch we had there, as we were always out and about. Nevertheless, it was very good, served in the dining room overlooking the plunge pool. Breakfast consisted of the usual sweet bread rolls, flatbreads, fruit salad or yoghurt, tea or coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. We had ours served in our room every day and whilst a couple of times it arrived late, being able to sit in our own living area in front of the fireplace, looking across the courtyard, was a great start to each day. It was usually delivered by either Hassain or Jamal, another two very friendly and helpful members of staff.
We met Madame Sylvie very briefly and so cannot comment on her character or management style as other reviewers have. I'm sure the hotel depends on being able to cater for guests' every needs and to charge accordingly when it can - however, it was a welcome change not being repeatedly hounded into doing this or that by pushy hotel staff. It's the last thing you want at the start or end of the day after running the gauntlet through the souks.
The only gripes we really had were (1) there was no phone in our room, if we wanted anything we needed to physically walk downstairs to reception. (2) The free wi-fi was only available near the reception area or if your balcony overlooked the reception area - no good if it's cold (as it was this week) or if you want to stay in your room and (3) the hot water supply was a bit erratic - the water wasn't very hot and even then would flow slowly for about 30 seconds and then speed up before slowing down again. However, all in all, it really was a lovely riad experience and we thank all the staff for making it so.
- Also Known As:
- Riad & Spa Esprit Du Maroc Hotel Marrakech
- Riad & Spa Esprit Du Maroc Hotel
- Riad And Spa Esprit Du Maroc
- Riad Esprit Du Maroc Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Un des joyaux de la Médina à l’abri des regards...Un Palais du XVIII, où règne la magnificence des mille et une nuits … 10 chambres, Spa de 200 m2, salle de fitness : culture du bien-être. Les plaisirs de la table avec son Restaurant «gastronomie marocaine».Un moment magique avec son Jardin sur la grande terrasse.La plénitude de ses 3 patios dont un avec Piscine. Retrouvez un lieu privilégié dont le nom,"Esprit du Maroc"exprime le raffinement de sa décoration sortie tout droit d’un rêve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Riad & Spa Esprit du Maroc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.