Location is a bit off the beaten track, albeit geographically close to Phaya Thai airport express station. Took a metered taxi from station to hotel for 37 baht. Hotel is modern, quiet, clean with good facilities, comfortable room and friendly staff. Good breakfast to set you up for the day. Bell boy very helpful for local information and driving you in hotel tuk tuk to main road locations. After that just a short walk to nearest sky train station - Ratchathewi - for exploring the city, eg Jim Thompson house + access to river for water taxis and visiting temples, or a long tail boat along the canals. Opposite the hotel on the other side of the railway line is Suan Phakkad Palace which is well worth a visit, basically a museum in various buildings within a pleasant landscape - check with bell boy for best way to get there. Good shopping/markets and a variety of well priced eating establishments available within a 10 to 15 minute walk from the hotel. Did eat in the hotel restaurant for one evening, lacked atmosphere but the meal was fine. At back of the hotel is a small supermarket - very handy for numerous items, snacks and drinks (for room fridge) etc. Overall, good value short stay base for exploring/visiting Bangkok.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mayfair Hotel Bangkok
- Best Western Bangkok
- Best Western Mayfair Hotel
- Bangkok Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Mayfair Suites is modern designed 3 star hotel provides you full services and standard amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Mayfair Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.