My wife and I have just returned from a fantastic holiday in Thailand.The holidaty was split in two with 11 days in Phuket followed by 5 days at the Adelphi grande in Bangkok.
This was not the first time we stayed at the Adelphi in fact it was the second.Two years ago we were travelling with our son his wife and our two grandchildren when we got stranded in Bangkok due to a certain Icelandic volcano blowing and stopping all flights to northern europe.On that occasion we stumbled upon The Adelphi and it was 6 days before we boarded a flight for home.We were made very welcome then and we knew that if we ever returned to Bankok that is where we were going to stay, hence our return visit.
The Adelphi is about 40 minutes from Bangkok Airport 400 bahts fare.It is in a good location close to Skytrain and only about 5 stops from Siam Square in Central Bangkok. there is also a good number of pubs restaurants and shops within walking distance.
We booked the grande Suite on the 19th floor, a lovely room with great views over part of the City.The room had a large bathroom with bath and shower, a beautiful bedroom with kingsize bed, a kitchen /lounge with washing machine, fridge freezer cooker and microwave. all in immaculate condition and well looked after by the room staff.There is tv in both lounge and bedroom.At the end of the street is a supermarket should you want to cook for yourself and eat in.
On the fourth floor is a leisure area with Gymn .Swimming Pool and restaurant/bar, breakfast was included in our price and it was lovely.We ate dinner in the restaurant one night and really enjoyed the food especially the tom young goong soup.Jai deserves a mention he among others loked after us on the fourth floor, he did a variety of jobs there and was really very helpful and friendly.Downstairs in the reception area is a lovely cool lounge with comfortable seating, newspapers and free internet.The staff there were also very friendly and helpful especially Non he always had a big smile and was at hand to help when needed.
During our stay at the Adelphi it happened to be the 3rd aniversary of the hotel opening.To mark the occasion there was a religious ceremony outside and also in the lobby Khun the Housekeeper asked us if we would like to take part We did so in a small way it was very enjoyable.We hope the Adelphi continues to operate as it is just now it really ia a real thai gem.
- Also Known As:
- Adelphi Grande Bangkok Hotel
- Adelphi Grande Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Adelphi Grande Hotel Bangkok
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adelphi Grande is Situated along a quiet side street, Sukhumvit Soi 41 only a 7 minute walk to BTS Phrom Phong Station as well the upscale Emporium Shopping Cente. The hotel features 168 contemporary studios and one bedroom suites with convenient amenities including a kitchenette and a washer/dryer. The serviced apartment is also equipped with a cafe with alfresco dining, the state-of-the-art fitness centre and a large outdoor pool to refresh and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelBookers, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Adelphi Grande Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.