- location, location, location! walking distance to all major attractions in Istanbul, and to Eminonu pier for going to other parts of city by boat (the nearby Spice bazaar is excellent)
- tram stop nearby: great connection to Taksim square (tram to Kabatas + funicular), and to airport (tram to Zeytinburnu + metro to airport - 4TL alltogether!)
- the rooms were very clean, the towels were changed regularly, the shower wa good and hot and the beds were very comfortable
- we did not hear the early morning mosque prayers which are loud throughout the city - friends staying in different hotels complained those disturbed their sleep
- in the next door, a nice European style caffe (illy)
- as mentioned, LCD TV (decent range of channels) is a bonus
- the staff was nice and polite
- the park is just around the corner for a morning exercise or walk
- many are praising the breakfast but I did not find it as good compared to other hotels where I have stayed; the bread did not seem always to be fresh, the cheese sometimes looked like it has been cut yesterday and placed on the plate. juice was synthetic and water tasted like chlorine. the staff did not always manage to supply additional food on the table if the earlier guests had consumed e.g. cheese from the serving plate.
- we got a twin room with no view (the window faced the opposite wall in 2 meters distance), and the air conditioners noise outside disturbed the sleep if we wanted to sleep with windows open instead of turning on AC. (we stayed in November - in summer the AC is a big plus I suppose)
- the sound isolation could have been far much better. When neighbours took a shower it felt like we were present there.
Overall, decide what are your priorities and if the cons are not your biggest concern, opt for Olimpiyat.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC