On a brief 20 hour stop-over on Qatar Airways I was put up in Grand Mercure. Last time I travelled with Qatar Airways I was put up in Rotana Hotel which is much closer to the airport and much more new.
The hotel is in a rundown part of the city with major construction work that goes on through the night. The hotel is really old and probably on its last legs
There were some good points.
1. The internet was free and good.
2. The in- room safe was really big and can easily accommodate your back pack!
Otherwise there was nothing good to write about. To reach the carpark you have to change two lifts. The check in is smooth. The breakfast buffet was reasonable.
Overall I liked the Rotana and if I have a choice next time I will insist on Rotana rather than come to Grand Mercure.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Grand Hotel Doha
- Mercure Doha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the Persian Gulf and in the heart of the city, the hotel is located in the business district near the traditional Arab souk and the National Museum. 172 rooms and 3 suites. Non smoking floor. International cuisine at La Brasserie, Mediterranean cuisine at La Villa. The Old Manor Steakhouse and Bar. 3 meeting rooms for up to 200 people. Exhibition centre and golf course nearby. Airport shuttle (fees apply). Leisure facilities includes Swimming Pool and Fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Grand Hotel Doha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.