First, we had requested rooms on the ground floor for accessibility reasons. It is a good thing we did, as the hotel has no passenger elevator. Both rooms were very nice. A safe is available for a $50 deposit, but all the other regular amenities were included. One room had better lighting than the other. The ground floor rooms also had a two-level design that necessitated care when transiting the levels. There was no railing.
The staff was extremely helpful and friendly in every way. They will call cabs, restaurants, and other local businesses to make reservations or get information.
The sink water is not for drinking. You can buy small bottles for $1 at the front desk. There's also a gas station with convenience mart just down the street that sells 6 liter bottles for less than $4.
There is a restaurant on premises, but it was closed and has been apparently so for some time. We did have a good meal at Kim's, which just a block away. It is cash-only and caters largely to large groups of Korean travelers, but we caught them when they were not busy and were rewarded with an excellent Korean meal at a reasonable price. Most other restaurants require a cab ride--especially at night when navigating the dark and narrow streets on foot can be hazardous.
- Also Known As:
- West Plaza By The Sea Hotel Koror
- West Plaza By The Sea Hotel
- West Plaza By The Sea Palau, South Pacific - Koror
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Features 36 rooms overlooking the ocean lagoon and nearby islands. Rooms range from standard class to deluxe rooms with kitchenettes, and a penthouse suite on the roof deck with a large private veranda, whirlpool bath, kitchenette, and plenty of spacious living area. West Plaza By the Sea also features the Red Rooster Cafe. The cafe offers a wide selection of Japanese Cuisine, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The nightly happy hour features Palau's only locally brewed beer on tap, Red Rooster Draft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your West Plaza by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.