I have stayed at this hotel three times in the past year, 1-2 weeks each time, but this is my first review. This is my favorite Hotel in Seoul. I have also stayed in nearby Grand Intercontinental, which is supposed to be more luxurious but is also more dated, as well as the Ibis nearby.
The breakfast buffet is the best part of this hotel. Make sure it is included in the room rate, because it is very expensive otherwise - unless you work for Air France which seem to have a good deal here (always lots of Air France crew in the breakfast area). It consists of 20 different hot plates, Lots of fresh fruits and juices, Big selection of cold cuts, salmon, salads, cheese, pastries, and everything you could ask for. I have traveled extensively in Asia and this is the best breakfast buffet I have ever come across. If possible, be there early. It opens at 6 am - just perfect when you return from a long night at the office ;)
Rooms are slightly on the small but well equiped. Bathrooms are small but functional. Cleanliness good. Sheets and towels will be changed as often as requested. Bed is a little bit on the hard side. There is a pillow menu which I never tried.
I have not tried the club lounge in this hotel since I would rarely return from the office in time to take advantage of it.
Internet works well but is expensive - 20k KRW per day - make sure it is included in your room rate. Minibar is expensive but there are plenty of convenience stores nearby to provide beer and snacks for the cost conscious. The room service is very good, both in quality and value for money, but choice is limited. Laundry is extremley expensive.
As long as I'm not paying the bill myself, I will gladly return to the Coex Intercontinental.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Seoul Coex Hotel Seoul
- Intercontinental Seoul Coex Hotel
- Intercontinental Seoul
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Seoul COEX is part of the massive World Trade Center Seoul, the country s one-stop business destination. You ll walk to COEX, Korea City Air Terminal and the COEX Mall s underground 16-screen theatre and more than 200 shops. Well worth a short drive are the Namdaemun Market, the Namsan Hanok Village and the Korean War Battlefields. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Seoul COEX reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.