Can't get it... why this place is so high ranked? Just because of the direct access to the mall?
The hotel isn't new anymore, it's old style with its beige/green design. When I saw the room I decided to upgrade at $ 80 to a newly renovated Club Room (which was nice, with iPod station & a fantastic rain shower). The Club is "okay", old style - nothing to talk about.
The worst @ the Interconti is the food. I've been there attending a seminar & all the food they served was cold!
Outside they do have a nice shisha bar, but it already closed 12 o'clock.
Cairo has such fantastic & modern hotels such as 2x Fairmont, 2x Four Seasons, Kempnsiki, a Ritz Carlton is coming up.. so no real reason to stay @ the Interconti.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Citystars Cairo Hotel
- Intercontinental Citystars Cairo Hotel Cairo
- Intercontinental Cairo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Cairo Citystars is part of the Middle East s largest retail and entertainment complex, giving you direct access to 550 stores and an indoor theme park. The hotel is ideally located seven minutes from Cairo International Airport, 10 minutes from Cairo International Conference Centre and 30 minutes from downtown Cairo.Named Cairo s best business hotel by Business Traveller Magazine, it is also close to free time destinations such as the Egyptian Museum, Sakkara and the Giza Pyramids and Sphinx. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Citystars Cairo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.