My stay at Regal Riverside Hotel is really nice, I stayed there from May 16-19. I read most of the reviews before staying at this hotel so I knew what to expect about certain things such as to watch out for the noise, etc. But surprisingly it wasn't so bad! The repairs were done at reasonable hours, I wasn't woken up by noise at all. And anyway we leave the hotel and go out around Hongkong and by the time we come back there aren't any disturbances.
Hotel Transpo / Wifi - There's a hotel shuttle that picks you up from Airport to Hotel and vice versa; and a shuttle to take you to the nearest MTR, or all the way to Disneyland! So it's pretty convenient. Wifi is not free in the rooms, but there's free wifi in the lobby; just ask the concierge for a password.
Location - Okay, it's not the closest to the city. But I'm more of a suburbs person so while I do like to go around the bustling city, I like to go home to quite a relaxing place, and Sha Tin is the sort of place that feels really comfortable, with a lot of open spaces and parks; it's where you can breathe. Anyway we just take the MTR; it's really convenient. We never took the taxi or city bus at all. We even went on a day trip to Macau coming from Sha Tin.
Room - We got a room at the 12th floor, facing the river! The room is spacious, clean, with elegant interiors, and the bathroom is clean as well. The bed is comfortable enough. We have an amazing view, facing the river, very nice and relaxing. It's a big change from the view of narrow buildings from the city. There's a park there by the river where you can go jogging if you want.
Nearest Shops - I know that there's a nearby shopping mall there but my boyfriend and I sometimes go to Home Square / Ikea to have lunch, it's just a short shuttle ride away from the hotel. There's free wifi at the ground floor of Home Square! There's cool stuff there if you're into furniture or novelty items. If we really want to go shopping for other things we just go take the MTR to go to Causeway Bay and other stations.
I definitely would recommend this place to couples especially :) I would probably go back here again.
- Also Known As:
- Regal Riverside Hong Kong
- Hotel Regal Riverside
- Regal Riverside Hotel Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in greater Shatin, a suburb in the New Territories that boasts many parks and forested hills and benefits from cooler and cleaner air than downtown Hong Kong. Regal Riverside Hotel lies on the right side of Shing Mun River, an inlet of Tolo Harbor in the South China Sea, lined with mature trees and blossoming exotic vegetation.Greater Shatin features places of interest such as the 10,000 Buddha Temple, the Hong Kong Heritage Museum and the Jockey Club, a famous horse racing arena, just to name a few. Another highlight is the cluster of mega malls with an immense variety of brand boutiques as well as a myriad of individually operated shops, dining and entertainment places.The 1,138-room hotel operates routine shuttle services to the main MTR station within New Town Plaza. It takes some twenty-five minutes from that MTR station to reach either Central or Tsim Sha Tsui East, or Shenzen in the Mainland.Numerous favorably priced bus and mini bus operators stop right in front of the hotel. They go straight to Nathan Road, Central, Macau Ferry Terminal, Hong Kong Disney Land, Hong Kong International Airport, Ngong Pin 360, Ocean Park, Science Park, Chinese University of Hong Kong and many other places of interest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Ctrip DaoDao, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Regal Riverside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.