The last thing you want in June, In Louisiana is a hotel room with no AC. That's exactly what we were stuck with at the Baymont. When we got on the elevator we noticed it was humid... just thought because it had no ventilation vent. When the car opened on our floor, the hot air rushed in like the gate of hell opened. We walked down the hallway to our room and it was sweltering! I just knew flames were going to come out at us like in that sceen from the movie "Back Draft". We turned on the air conditioner to its lowest temperature setting and highest air speed, but there was NEVER a time when the room was even tolerable. Needless to say we did not sleep. One of the numerous times we woke up, we called the front desk but they were of no help. We left at 6:00 a.m. to find a cooler place for the next 2 nights, which we did. To the Baymont's credit, Jackie, the evening desk person was very nice. The room and bathroom were nice once I fixed my eyes to see past the steam. The hotel was clean. But it looks nothing like what you see in the picture. I looked up as we were leaving so my neck could get some air and saw that the flags waving in the picture were tattered. Jackie told me they have a breakfast buffet starting at 6:00 a.m. but we just wanted to get out of there. We went to McDonalds. It was cool there!
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Alexandria Hotel
- Baymont Inn And Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Baymont Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Baymont Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sai Hotel and Convention by Magnuson-Alexandria is 5 miles from the Alexandria Airport, and offers free shuttle service to and from the airport. Kent Plantation House and the Coughlin-Saunders Performing Arts Center are within 2 miles of the Magnuson Hotel, and the Alexandria Zoological Park is 3 miles. This pet friendly hotel offers a free breakfast, outdoor pool, hot tub, exercise room, and guest laundry facilities. Other hotel amenities are free wireless internet access, full service business center, and free parking. A maximum of 2 pets, up to 40 lbs each are allowed for a fee of $25 per pet, per night.This facility offers over 33,500 square feet of flexible state of the art meeting and event space offering detail oriented professional creative talent to ensure a successful event. An on-site Banquet and Catering staff is willing and ready to serve you.All 171 rooms are furnished with comfort in mind, with standard amenities of free wi-fi, free local calls, coffee maker, hair dryer, mini fridge, cable TV, alarm clock radio, iron and board, air conditioning, and electronic door locks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sai Hotel & Convention by Magnuson-Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.