This hotel CHARGES $1.00 for cookies that are GIVEN to its guests! That should have been the 1st indication this hotel was on the decline. The breakfast area is TINY, TINY, TINY. It is nothing but one giant cluster mess when guests at this LARGE hotel gather! Not nearly enough tables/chairs for the amount of guests either! Food fare was below standards for the other Staybridges we have stayed in. Who wants slices of POUND CAKE for b'fast? Yuk. Giant link sausages and dried out eggs, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, waffles. IF you are lucky enough to get near the food that is. Our 2nd morning we opted for McDonald's! Our room was dark and too much furniture crammed into it. Small kitchenette but no bar or chairs/table! One desk & outdated desk chair. The entertainment center was positioned to where you had to turn sideways to get to the back of the bed. NONE of the 3 lamps in the suite matched; different sizes, colors, styles. There was a real nightstand with HUGE lamp on it and the other "nightstand" was a tiny end table that barely fit between the bed and the wall. The bathroom was DARK, DARK, DARK and small. This is not one of the better Staybridge Suites & we won't return. Also, the duvet was so wrinkled and dirty looking that I would not even sit on it.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Detroit - Auburn Hills Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Detroit - Auburn Hills Hotel Auburn Hills
- Staybridge Suites Auburn Hills
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills is an upscale extended stay hotel conveniently located off I-75 and M-59 just outside Detroit, across from Chrysler Headquarters. Our all-suite hotel with interior corridors offers spacious two bedroom/two bath, one bedroom and studio suites with fully-equipped kitchen, living room, work area with desk and executive chair, direct dial phone number, data ports and personalized voice mail plus free wireless Internet in all guest rooms. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, Evening Social Tuesday-Thursday, 24 hour business center, and free guest laundry. Close to Pontiac, Lake Orion, Troy, Rochester and Birmingham, Auburn Hills boasts convenience for both business and pleasure. Stay an extra few days enjoying the Detroit Tigers, Detroit Lions, Detroit Red Wings and casinos, all just 25 minutes away in downtown Detroit. The Sonesta ES Suites is also just minutes from: The Palace of Auburn Hills, Pontiac Silverdome, Oakland Hills Country Club, Detroit Skating Club, Oakland University, Meadow Brook Music Theatre, DTE Energy Music Theatre (Pine Knob), Old World Canterbury Village, ONYX Ice Arena, Great Lakes Crossing Mall, and the Walter P. Chrysler Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.