I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, as most of my extended family lives in Alexandria. I admit that when I was a kid, it was one of my favorite places to go because I could play in the pool and arcade with my parents watching from the pool side room or hot tub. I choose to continue to stay here mostly because of the staff and on site bar (although nostalgia may play a small part). The hotel has done a decent job of staying updated but you can tell it’s been around for a while. The carpet in the atrium is very worn, but the pool is still large and the hot tub still warm. There are plenty of chairs and table to relax in the atrium, plenty of room for the cousins and their kids to come and play at the hotel. The kids love it and you get time to catch up with family while watching them. If you get sick of sitting by the pool, or all your relatives have left and it’s time to be with grown ups, head down to the bar “Rudy’s Redeye Grill”. The bartenders and staff are genuinely nice and can easily caring on a conversation, making you feel like you’ve known them forever. Although the décor is nice (who doesn’t enjoy that “up north” feel when your on vacation) the food is subpar. I would recommend eating somewhere else and sticking to the drinks.
Overall I continue to stay at this hotel year after year because the prices are right, the staff is friendly and accommodating, the convenience for my extended family and the on site bar.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Hotel
- Holiday Inn Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Alexandria Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome!The Holiday Inn Alexandria offers a casual resort like atmosphere and is conveniently located at the intersection of I-94 and Hwy 29 South. Our unique setting makes us the ideal destination for the business traveler as well as those looking for a relaxing getaway. We also offer meeting accommodations for up to 400 people.The beautiful community of Alexandria, MN features a landscape lavish with lakes and offers a variety of outdoor activities. The Holiday Inn Alexandria is near several local attractions, golf courses and a stroll through our beautiful downtown is always a treat. Attractions near the hotel include: Carlos Creek Winery, Casey's Amusement Park, Viking Speedway, Runestone Museum, Maritime Museum, Andes Tower Hill with skiing and tubing, 500 miles of snowmobile trails, and a variety of unique Antique Shops. Brought the kids? We offer a large indoor recreation area which includes a swimming pool, whirlpool, wading pool, sauna, fitness center, game room, volleyball court, basketball hoop, hockey nets, pool table, and ping pong.Hard day at work or play? After you ve had a chance to settle into your newly renovated room, join us in Rudy s Redeye Grill; conveniently located inside the hotel, for classic American fare in an Old Chicago style setting. Rudy s has the best steaks in town as well as fabulous sandwiches and pizza.We look forward to your stay here at the Holiday Inn Alexandria where it is always our pleasure to serve you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.