A big, clean hotel. As most of the reviewers have already mentioned, the highlight of this hotel is the location. You have to take off your shoes as you walk inside the hotel, which is a good and understandable policy, I thought. The owners of the place as well as the staff are friendly and helpful.
Unless that would not not bother you, make sure to book a room that does not overlook the living crocodiles pool, owned by a neighboring property! Not only is the scene from the window not pleasant, but also the sounds they make during the night were loud and annoying to me. The room was fairly sized and furnished, but poorly lit. The TV is old-looking but was OK. You are provided with dispensable slippers and long robes (I used over the swimsuit when I went to the pool). Fridge has only bottles of water, maybe so you could buy from their bar downstairs. Bathroom is a classic and very practical one (which is a rare feature in hotel bathrooms today!) but towels do NOT smell nice, even when washed and replaced!
In my opinion, there's an overall boring/chilly feeling about this place. It's a large hotel and the corridors are too long and too quiet, and you always feel you are gasping for air there - as it's poorly ventilated. There's also a "stingy" feel about its management, which might be logical given the reasonable prices.
One last thing, If you're staying more than 2 nights, you will get bored with the breakfast. It's too monotonous.
- Also Known As:
- Encore Angkor Guest House Hotel
- Encore Angkor Guest House Hotel Siem Reap
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Siem Reap 200m from Pub Street and old market, a beautifully presented, spotlessly clean family run guesthouse. Computers available for guest's use - some rooms with WiFi. Free coffee and tea throughout the day. Fridge and electronic safe in every room. Tours arranged free of charge. Free pick up from airport and bus station for guests of Encore Angkor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Encore Angkor Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.