This hotel is 30 years old huge complex with mostly bungalows and some lux rooms as well. Bugalows are really old, poor equiped and very dirty! Blankets and sheets were in terrible condition, shower was really small- when I had shower I always felt the courtain on me, disgusting! We did not have electricity in the sockets on the wall next to the bed and when we noticed that to the reception, they didn't do anything. We asked for kettle and they promissed to bring us the next day, but they forgot it. There are two swimming pools but we didn't use because of cold water (we were there on November) Staff was waiting for tips for nothing all the time! Our room was worse because we didn't give them money extra in the passport during check in time.We needed to walk a lot because the place was really huge and we had almost 1 km to go for dinner to restaurant! We bought all inclusive trip so we could have drinks for free, they gave us alkohol in small plastic cubs which was so uncomfortable and we prefer not to drink than drink anything! The hotel is situated 12 km to Sakkala, the closest centre of Hurghada, so we travelled there by taxi (approximately 4$)or by small bus (approximatelly 2 egyptian pounds) Going to Egypt you need to know that they take tips for almost everything and you need to trade with them even in pharmacy and supermarkets. Ottherwise you can pay 100$ for even small souvenir. That was tiring. Beach at the hotel was fantastic- wide and sandy, mattress for free, bar on the beach and some entertainments, but nothing interesting. There's also kitesurfing spot Colona water sports. Verry bad condition and verry expensive! They wanted 80 Euro for one hour with an instruktor. 30 km further we found other spot where we paid 29 Euro per hour. We went there because of the spot but we were really disappointed of this place! That is four stars hotel but completely distroyed and there is big difference beetween Magawish and other newer 4stars hotels.
We will never come back to this hotel again. We were completely dissapointed.
- Also Known As:
- Magawish Swiss Hotel Hurghada
- Magawish Swiss Hotel
- Magawish Swiss Resort All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magawish Swiss Inn Resort, was built partially in bungalow style; it is one of the oldest resorts in the Red Sea Riviera, spreads on a big desert land directly on a very nice beach. This simple All Inclusive hotel is suggested to a clientele who prefers the beauty of the sea to a high service standard. A well equipped kite surfing and windsurfing centre is located just few metres from the water edge. The Hotel is 11 km from the airport and 17 km from down town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Magawish Swiss Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.