Stayed there for a week during my last year's Leh trip.
1) Value for money - the amount you pay and ROI on that is super.
2) Good food - need not take any chances with Leh food here. Solid north indian fare with great home made feel.
3) Good room service, great pakodas served at the garden, excellent front desk to take care of your travel arrangements, and also get a doc to you in case you fall sick (which can happen in Leh).
Not so positive:
1) Near the airport, but not so near the Leh market - which is where the center of tourist gravity is. It's definitely a 30 min walk or 300 bucks one way in a taxi. Shops also are atleast 10 mins walk away.
2) Very expressive staff - especially on the last day when expecting a tip is very evident. Maybe, they could be a bit subtle about it.
3) There is nothing else beyond TV. If you get bored when acclimatizing, you can at best watch TV or take 200 trips in the small vegetable garden below. Maybe, they could add a pool table and a few indoor things.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Caravan Center Leh, Ladakh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aesthetically built in the traditional architectural style of Ladakh, Hotel Caravan Centre is set amidst rural ambiance of Skara, an exclusive part of Leh, capital of Ladakh. It is conveniently located midway between Leh Airport (03 kms) and the City Centre (02 kms. Caravan Centre is a Centrally Heated "Deluxe-A" Class boutique hotel, offering well-appointed guest rooms and suites, all with en-suite facilities, duly supported with professional management and personalized service,and enjoying the ambiance of a resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Caravan Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.