My stay - 23rd Feb'12 to 26th Feb;12
After reading several reviews I had decided to stay here..I was on a business trip. I was alloted a room in the new block...
Sorry to say but the receptionist didn't even receive me with a smile which is a basic courtesy. In any other hotel the staff at the counter asks for the visiting card so that they fill the check in form and I just needed to sign it..But here the form was just given to me with little courteousness and i was asked to fill all the details after a delayed flight in the evening.
The worst was yet to come.They gave me the room 818 (8th floor). Rooms ambiance was good. The decoration was neat. However to my horror when I checked the bathroom , the curtains were indescribably dirty. I immediately called the reception /room service to replace the curtains.I surely did not speak greek as no one turned up even after 30 mins after 3 repeated calls. Then I decided to give them a piece of my mind and asked them to change my room if the curtains could not be changed. But the same old cliched reply was given to me saying that all rooms were booked !!!!! Then finally some people came and changed the curtain which was just ok...
Unbelievable that a hotel boasting itself to be a 4 star property cant keep the bathroom.
To continue with the bad experience this hotel didnt have the basic amenities a 2 or 3 star hotel has. The bathroom did not have sufficient toiletries (no brush, paste, comb etc which you normally find in any hotel). Even the ones that were available (like shower gel) were not replaced on a daily basis..Can you believe it?
The room did not even have tea/coffee maker !!!
The cable tv did not have any hindi /english or sports channel. I was astonished to see this . This was the first time ever I was seeing such a situation in any hotel..(Trust me I travel a lot and been to many of them)..I called the reception and asked how is this possible..Then a guy came with a cable wire and attached it to the tv and finally i could get to see some channels..
This was so pathetic, you have to call the reception if you want to see basic hindi/english/sports channel...
Only good thing about the hotel was the complimentary breakfast. Options were plenty and the service was good..
However, one more strange thing was the room service menu for lunch and dinner. The options were few (especially for veggies), but when you call them they have many more dishes available. I just dont understand..if you have the options why isn;t it on the menu??? One more funny thing was about the dessert.When I called them to ask for the dessert in the menu, the guy said "sir it will take time, order something else" and I never said to him that I was in a hurry...
Phew i can go guys to describe this bad experience...but i think i will stop here.
Location: Very near to the main hub MG road.
Food quality for lunch and dinner - Average
- Also Known As:
- Gokulam Park Hotel Kochi (Cochin)
- Gokulam Park Hotel
- Park Inn Gokulam
- Park Inn Kochi
- Gokulam Park Kochi (Cochin), India - Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gokulam Park, a Sarovar Portico hotel, is located opposite PVS Hospital in Kaloor, Cochin. The hotel is conveniently situated in the city’s business and prime shopping hub. Kochi, the commercial capital of Kerala is indeed the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea,’ where ancient civilization gracefully mingles with modern life. You can choose from 65 well-furnished superior room and executive suites, tastefully decorated and appointed with amenities such as air-conditioner, wall-to-wall carpeting, mini bar, en-suite bath complete with toiletries and a supply of hot and cold running water, mini bar, a safe, direct dial telephone, satellite television and attended to a round the clock room service. All the bathrooms are equipped with tubs and telephones, besides a sprinkler and smoke detector in each room. You can enjoy your meals at ‘Periyar,’ an in-site restaurant serving delicious multi-cuisine fare. ‘Champs’ is the 70-seater sports bar stocking a variety of liquor and soft beverages. If you are in mood for some deep sea delights, head to ‘Yovan Restro Spa’, a seafood specialty restaurant. Among other facilities, Gokulam Park provides corporates with a well-equipped business centre, in addition to dry-cleaning and laundry service, high speed internet access, fitness centre, banquet room and foreign exchange counter among others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Gokulam Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.