I've been to Phuket twice before and have had better accommodation for lower prices, and yes around the same time of year as well (peak season). We were happy that the hotel was relatively close to the hotel, compared to other areas where it would take twice as long. However, when we got there the reception were understaffed and not as friendly as I'd hope, they looked quite flustered and disorganised. I let that slide as I was eager to go to our room only to be disappointed again. There were broken blind shades which bothered me as we were situated on the ground floor. My partner also detected a sewerage type smell and we suspect it may be the tank that resides next to our room. We tried to get it fix but due to language barrier we gave up after several attempts. That was just the beginning... other minor but annoying things included our sink not draining properly, the pool bar served horrible drinks, the fruit flies in the breakfast room and the DVDs that they offered where "broken" so we couldn't watch them.
On a good note, the location is nice and everyone knows the Manathai so catching a taxi back to the hotel was easy. They also had their own beach area so you don't have to pay for a spot on Surin beach. The best feature of all is that it was next to Twin Palms Resort - the hotel you wished you booked instead. It is dearer for certain but so much better value. Even their chauffeur charged less to go to Phuket Town than the price offered at Manathai. You will find yourself going to The Beach Club - the beach side restaurant owned by Twin Palms.
If you're going to stay in Surin, stay at Twin Palms or else stay in Patong or Karon and get a better value hotel with better service and well... better everything!
- Also Known As:
- Manathai Resort, Phuket Hotel
- Manathai Resort, Phuket Hotel Thalang
- Manathai Hotel Phuket
- Manathai Hotel Surin Beach
- Manathai Resort, Phuket Thailand
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Manathai Resort, Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.