Arrived into Dubai Airport after an overnight flight (Virgin, who were great) via Heathrow. Met by Al Hamra transfer mini bus in the arrivals area - had to walk with cases in tow to the rear of the airport, very difficult for the older guests in the heat, to where the transportation was parked, had to help the driver to load the cases into a trailer container. The Al Hamra is a 1.5 hour journey out of dubai into the desert region. Nothing for miles upon miles. No panic we thought! The hotel offer a complimentary mini bus on a daily basis to Dubai - Great!! We arrived at the building site - oh sorry resort. Pulled up outside a small building which they call a reception area, there was a long line of people snaking around the building to the building site, waiting to check-in. We were off-loaded and joined the long line of people, the heat and dust from the grinding at the building site covered everyone and all the luggage. We had to stand there for 1hr and 20 mins as there was only one person checking in guests. When we finally got to the door. The place looked like some back street dive, it was grubby there were dirty towels lying on the tables. I just wanted to turn round and leave, but again we were miles from anywhere. The young girl on the desk was so overwhelmed.
Finally, after the nightmare of checking-in. We were shown to our room. Which was very basic, the bed linen and towels were clean and the bathroom was presentable. The gardens around the small resort were very nice. But there was alot of background building noise. The pool area was very nice. The beach itself is a 15 min walk, but there are regular shuttle buses to take you there. There sister hotel which is situated right on the beach is excellent, but the food is very expensive.
I would like to say that the service at the Al Hamra Village Golf Resort needs a complete review. The Irish Bar stinks of cigarettes, the lighting is low and gives you the feeling of a back street grotty pub. Dont go there....
The restaurant food is in fact quite good, always hot, well presented, and a good variety.
We decided to book the complimentary shuttle to Dubai, to be told there is only one per day and they are fully booked for the rest of the week. Such bad organisation. The Staff at the so called reception are just not interested in customer service. Come on where are the Al Hamra Village Golf Resort Management. Perhaps they are out on the Golf Course?
- Also Known As:
- Al Hamra Village Golf Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Al Hamra Village Golf Hotel
- Al Hamra Village Hotel
- Hotel Al Hamra Village
- Al Hamra Village Golf Resort Ras Al Khaimah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most picturesque resorts in the United Arab Emirates, Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach Resort is a 4-star resort that strikes the right balance between tranquility and fun activities. Overlooking the breathtaking 18-hole golf course, this resort, with its warm and welcoming ambience is popular among couples and families alike. 219 climate-controlled, cozy rooms and suites, distinctively decorated with wooden furnishings, invite you to relax and rewind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Al Hamra Village Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.