A colleague and I stayed at the Grand New Delhi due to flight schedules and needing a place to stay the night. Since it was a single night we decided to "splurge" and spend it in a 5 star hotel. The Grand New Delhi is visually a beautiful hotel -- a massive marble lobby, multiple restaurants, bars, and lots of staff to attend to your every need. I was particularly impressed with the Cascades Restaurant where my associate and I went to watch the first IPL Cricket playoff match. They had a big screen set up and appropriate IPL specials. The staff was quite good and helped us select some of the specials they had there (4 beers and 4 platters). The next morning the buffet there was also appropriately grand and had everything we could possibly want.
Several small things made the visit less than 5 stars (and before continuing these "nit picking" is only because clearly the hotel is attempting to be a luxury hotel). Upon arrival, the check-in process was rather fumbled by the staff. We had pre-booked through a travel website -- and even indicated our late arrival (9:30 p.m.). The staff member couldn't find my India visa and after (very slowly) paging through it I told him what page to find it on, but still not being able to find it I took it and opened it to the correct page. My colleague who was Nepalese was asked where his was (Nepalese don't need a visa). The other odd thing was he kept handing all the documents, paperwork to my colleague even though it was me who was handing everything to him (the clerk) including my credit card. Then in Cascades our beer and dishes were double billed. (Of course this can happen anywhere to anyone, but I just feel at such a place . . . . with a staff of many . . . that it shouldn't.) Then upon check-out when I marked that I'd not been pleased with the check-in process while we are waiting for our taxi outside the woman who'd just checked us out rushed out to query me about my rating. I found this mistimed, inappropriate and rather a rookie mistake that only compounded the earlier one.
So this review is NOT a review saying to avoid this hotel, just a small hiccup perhaps but I expected better (and have received better at the Leela just down the road).
- Also Known As:
- The Grand New Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- The Grand New Delhi Hotel
- Grand New Delhi
- The Grand Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel The Grand New Delhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand New Delhi is a five star luxury hotel located in Vasant Kunj. Set amid 10-acres of lush greenery, it has an inventory of 390-keys which are furnished in contemporary style and among the most spacious in room size in New Delhi. The hotel has been recently refurbished and boasts of an elegant, white marble lobby and signature restaurants are which , namely, It, serving Italian fine-dining and Caraway, which offers traditional tandoor cuisine. A sweeping grand staircase leads to Cascades, the three-meal, gourmet dining outlet, and Woktok, the Pan Asian restaurant, which overlook aesthetically landscaped gardens. The G Bar, serving the finest selection of Cuban cigars, single malts and other spirits, is located at lobby level and so is the Crystal Lounge, which offers a daily English hi-tea, while the Aqua bar is located at the poolside. Spa Oasis provides a rejuvenating experience with its extensive range of treatments using exclusive French products, and a gamut of therapies encompassing the Ayurveda, Thai, Swedish and Oriental methods. The Grand hotel New Delhi strategically located with a distance of 10 kms from the Airport in the heart of South Delhi, is close to the commercial Business district of Gurgaon (10 minutes) and Government Offices (15 minutes). This gives an equidistant location between the city centre & the commercial business hub like Connaught Place & Noida. The Grand is one of the best luxury hotels near Gurgaon. This downtown hotel is also surrounded by green belt with no high rise building obstructing the view from the hotel & hence extremely secured for VIP visits. The Grand New Delhi offers among the largest banqueting space in the area, with state-of-the art convention facilities. Its close proximity to the international airport and the business hub of Gurgaon, as well as high-end luxury malls such as DLF Emporium and DLF Promenade make it your hotel of choice be it for a corporate or leisure visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Grand New Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.