I was recently booked into the Trident by a client and spent 11 nights there. Normally the prospect of 11 nights in the same hotel is...well...dispiriting, but this was one of the best hotel experiences I have had for some time.
True, the hotel is located in a bit of a wasteland. Apparently this whole Bandra area comprised slums that have been cleared by the Government which has then provided incentives to business to move there and build. To that end you'll find yourself surrounded by building sites and emerging towers of glass and concrete. You'll even overlook the US Embassy from some rooms!
Don't be put off by this. You will find yourself well outside old Mumbai, but it's easy enough to get there to explore the sights and get a feel for old India. Here you'll be in a great sized room, furnished in wood, marble and light colours, wide windows, heaps of light and every modern convenience you could want. Great bathroom with shower, bath and vanity. The rooms have motorised curtains and blinds, good desk and working facilities, great lighting and, very importantly, a really comfortable bed and great airconditioning system.
Everything feels new, the maintenance levels are incredibly high, the food is really good and offers not only great variety, but also good quality. The in-house restaurants are great, especially Maya, the hotel car service efficient and cost effective, rooms beautifully serviced, bowls of fruit in the rooms - the list goes on and on. The Health Club/Gym is well equipped and there is enough gear to cope with peak periods and there is usually a trainer there to help if you need it. The negative edge pool is a landscaping triumph, although being quite new, there are no trees yet shading it on a hot Mumbai day.There is even a spa which I did use a couple of times, and that was fine. After a hard day at work, this is truly an oasis.
OK, you can tell I enjoyed this experience, but let me share with you the key ingredient that underpins the real enjoyment. It's the people who work there! They are great. I have been lucky enough to spend time on business in may cities and in many hotels. The Trident stands apart through its people. Obviously carefully recruited and trained, they are arch professionals focused on making sure you enjoy every experience in the hotel. They are friendly without being intrusive, they go to the trouble to learn your name, they look for ways to help and make your stay most enjoyable. They succeed! The service here is second to none, so don't be put off by earlier statements about location. Give the Trident team an opportunity to prove my claims. You won't regret it!
- Also Known As:
- Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai Hotel
- Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trident, Bandra Kurla is an elegant sanctuary located in the heart of the new financial and commercial district of North Mumbai.It is in close proximity to leading financial institutions as well as pharmaceutical and information technology companies within the Bandra Kurla Complex.The hotel offers 436 well appointed guest rooms with a host of facilities for business and leisure. Trident, Bandra Kurla is an ISO 22000:2005 certified hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.