Always for business.
FIrst, which room to choose?
The best rooms are on the SPG floor. They are new, very modern, and very nice. They ARE small, which is normal for Asian big city hotels. They are very modern stylistically-I REALLY love their style! I LUV the bathrooms...probably women will find them small. ALL of the electrical outlets are of the "universal" type, so you can use your home country plug. I want to plug in at least 3 items at once, and use my laptop on my bed, which is often a VERY difficult ordeal in many hotels, including many very expensive hotels and suites. In the SPG rooms it is BRILLIANTLY easy to do this.
If you need to do laundry, want a bigger room, or are there for an extended stay (5 days or more....) ask for a "Residence" room in the smaller tower. They will have 1 bedroom/1 bath, or 2 bedrooms, an office and 2 baths. They DO have the older, British plugs, so you will need adaptors to plug stuff in. The BEST feature of these rooms is the washer/dryer in the kitchen. It is ONE unit, and is a bit tricky for Americans for myself to learn how to use, as we are used to two separate units. Instructions: Turn the power on with a button on the far right. The large knob, and the buttons near it, are for the washing cycles. The four? buttons on the right are the dryer buttons. It DOES take longer to dry than in a dedicated dryer, as it spins at a slower pace. If you go for the full dry it does take quite a long time.
This hotel is RIGHT next to a big mall, with a variety of eating places downstairs, including a Dairy Queen (Green and Black Tea Blizzards, anyone). There are restaurants, massage parlours, shopping, and laundry places nearby. It is also right next to a subway stop. Get a subway map (and street map) from the concierge...the subway IS pretty complicated, and takes a few trips to get used to.
SUGGESTION: For a FANTASTIC massage, get directions to the "School Of The Blind" massage location-about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. I always get a one hour foot massage, followed by a two hour body massage...all for about $40 USD.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel And Residences Pudong
- Sheraton Shanghai
- Sheraton Shanghai Hotel Residences Pudong
- Shanghai Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In central Pudong, metro station nearby and luxury hotel with 24h fitness center. Convenient location. In central Pudong business area, close to Int'l Exhibition Center,EXPO Center and Mercedes-Benz Arena. Easy access to places of interests both in Puxi and Pudong through Nanpu Bridge. Metro station is 1-min away. Dining and Leisure: Hotel features an indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and a fully-service spa. Besides 2 restaurants and lobby lounge at Sheraton, guests could also sign bills at Four Points next door in restaurants and bar. Modern-equipped Guestroom: All spacious rooms are equipped with Sheraton Sweet Sleeper™ Beds, 32-inch LCD TV, mini bar, direct-dial telephones with voicemail, Internet and safebox to have laptop. Bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Ctrip DaoDao and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Shanghai Hotel & Residences Pudong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.