I called the day before to tell them we would arrive around 1:30, and they were going to try to have our rooms ready. When we arrived, the rooms were not ready, so we went to lunch. Half of our 14 person group had ordered, when a young family walked in and demanded to be served and not stuck behind our group. To our shock and amazement, the waiter left our 4 tables to help their one. Don't worry, in Costa Rica, the gratuity is guaranteed 10%. When I told the main Hotel staff they replied, "Oh we heard about that and are so sorry." That's it, sorry. I was very disappointed and quite frankly, it tainted my view of the rest of my stay.
Otherwise, the rooms were spacious with very high ceilings, private verandas, and multiple pools giving a very secluded feeling. The Club Rio was also terrific, and the best part, nearly deserted.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa at Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.