I really enjoyed staying here. ´Since arriving in Costa Rica my hotel range has been $32-$125 a night dbl occupancy. This was the cheapest and we had the most fun here. The rooms are basic, but clean. They are constantly cleaning and picking up the garden. The pool was cold my daughter really enjoyed it and it created a nice ambiance. The kitchen has what you need to cook - could use some new pots and pans. There is a bar and resturaunt in the hostel. The shower water didn´t get warm. We stayed Saturday through Wednesday and didn´t get to sleep Saturday until 3am because of the hoppin bar right next door. The rest of the week was fine. There are trains that go by, but we didn´t really notice much. Met some great people here! Will stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel
- Costa Rica Backpackers Hotel San Jose
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The #1 budget hostel and meeting spot for travelers in San Jose, Costa Rica and Lonely Planet readers’ favorite since 2001. We have excellent reviews from guide books and on internet. Come and meet people from all around the world in our little slice of paradise, swap stories, catch the sun in our tropical garden, swim in the pool and don`t miss the happy hour at the "BAR-PACKERS" at 5pm!ALL FREE - internet (7 computers), wifi, coffee & tea; kitchen facilities (save money cook for yourself), parking, storage.TOP FACILITIES - Biggest pool & garden in San Jose, sunbathing, cable tv, international phone calls, hot showers, laundry service, tour desk, 24-hr security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Costa Rica Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.