We just got back from a 6 night stay at the Hilton and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We stayed in a Deluxe Overwater Villa (Room 103) which had a fantastic view and was close to the main part of the resort. It was a great location for snorkeling and swimming as it wasn't too deep and had a decent cluster of coral and fish. We've stayed in the Hilton Maldives Rangali Island so it was good to compare the two resorts and I was pleasantly surprised with Bora Bora. The water is crystal clear also but the snorkeling was not as good as the Maldives but still an excellent resort. It would be great if the room had an iPod dock.
The food is very expensive, fortunately we were on a half board meal plan so breakfast and dinners were included. We ordered a pizza for lunch through room service which cost about $20 (it was delicious) but they charged us a $17 delivery fee. So we decided to eat lunch by the pool/bar instead. The only downside at the resort is the lack of variety and restaurants. The buffet breakfast was exactly the same each day but there is an a la carte menu to choose from. On Tuesday nights, all the restaurants are closed for a Polynesian night which is a buffet followed by a Polynesian show. If you're on a meal plan you have to pay a supplement of about $35 per person.
Staff were very helpful and friendly. One of the staff at the restaurant even gave us a lift when they saw us walking on the side of the road while we were in Vaitape which was lovely considering we were walking in the heat with our baby after getting lost.
February is supposed to be the rainy season be we hardly had any rain - just a 5 minute rain shower once during the week - the weather was fantastic but maybe we just got lucky.
We brought our 1 year old with us so we didn't do any of the activities and spent a lot of the time in the pool which was perfect.
Overall it was a wonderful stay and would highly recommend the resort.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel Bora Bora
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort And Spa
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Hotel
- Hilton Bora Nui Resort
- Bora Bora Nui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bora Bora… it’s possibly the most glamorously famous island in the world. Bora Bora’s legends, mysteries and romance lend an almost mystical dimension to its very name. The island rises up from the middle of the crystalline, multi-colored waters of its celebrated lagoon which is protected in turn from the ocean by a string of tiny coral islets.Suspended between turquoise waters and limitless skies, the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa nestles in a sacred cove of white sand and majestic lava rock. Here you will find a sensitive blend of authenticity and luxury - the very best of Polynesian tradition combined with sumptuous comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.