Stayed here for 3 nights during our self-drive tour of South Africa.
Our first night was in a room right next to the lift. It kept us awake most of the night, and there was a lot of inconsiderate people banging doors both late at night and early in the morning.
We complained, and were upgraded to a lovely, spacious, quiet room with a sea view and a huge bed.
Both rooms were clean and tidy with flat screen TV, tea/coffee trays, and all the usual toiletries.
Reception staff were all friendly, helpful and efficient, especially Anastacia, who was amazing.
Breafast was, as usual for Garden Court Hotels, excellent. Lovely fresh orange juice, eggs cooked to order, and lots of choice. The breakfast room was very busy, but all went smoothly, food was topped up and used crockery etc efficiently cleared.
There is a steakhouse attatched to the hotel, but we found the food quality and service was dreadful. My husbands Rump Steak was replaced twice, but was so tough as to be inedible. There was no apology for this, and our evening was ruined.
On subsequent nights we drove to the supermarket and bought bbq'd meat and salads and wine, and enjoyed a picnic dinner.
Whist the hotel is by the seafront there is a petrol station, McDonalds Drive through, and a main road between it and the promenade/beach.
There is a very tiny swimming pool on the terrace.
The Boardwalk shopping and entertainment area is a short walk away, and it is a longer, but interesting walk to the Donkin, with it's lovely old buildings. The area is being revamped, and beginning to look beautiful. The scones at the old lighthouse are to die for!
We found walking round PE in the daytime to be safe and interesting, and were told it is safe to walk to the Boardwalk at night.
The seafront area is also being upgraded, making it difficult to access, but should be lovely when finished.
There is a large, guarded car park at the back of the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Court King`s Beach Hotel Port Elizabeth
- Garden Court King`s Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Port Elizabeth is a city that boasts leisure attractions and an active business centre. The Garden Court King’s Beach hotel affords easy access to everything that this city has to offer. Within walking distance of the magnificent King’s Beach Promenade, this affordable accommodation offering is the gateway to a world of fun. With 2km of white sand, a surfing spot, the MacArther’s Baths and many other attractions, this Garden Court is an ideal leisure destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Garden Court King's Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.