My wife and I stayed at the HOJO on Calle Florida from 1/2/08 - 1/6/08. After reading some of the recent reviews, I was pretty nervous about our stay, but I am posting this review to dispute some of the things people have posted about this hotel recently. We found it to be more than adequate and a bargain considering the location and price.
First of all, its true the hotel has no direct accessibility for taxi's. Calle Florida is closed to traffic and you have to be dropped off on Ave. M. Alvear in front of Plaza San Martin. From this drop off point, its literally 200 feet to the front door of the HOJO. STOP BEING SPOILED, WHINY AMERICANS! One thing that I cannot stand is when I travel and see Americans embarrassing themselves acting like babies. Its literally a 15 second walk from the street to the front door.
We booked through Orbitz and paid $130 US per night. Other hotels in the area, such as the Marriott are twice as much. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a nice balcony view and the location can't be beat. You are right in the middle of the action on Calle Florida. We found the staff to be very helpful. One thing that I notice when traveling is that if you treat people with decency nd courtesy, its amazing how nice they will be to you in return. There is no Wi-Fi in the rooms, however its free in the lobby, so I would sit in the lobby on my laptop and overhear people come and go at the front desk. I never experienced anyone receiving rude treatment like others have mentioned. The front desk made us reservations at two different restaurants, I'd recommend Las Narazenas, the best steak we had on the trip and only 3 blocks from the hotel.
Only negative would be that the hotel had no pool. It was 105 everyday and I could have really used a pool. No problem, the Marriott is 2 blocks away and crawling with American tourists. It was real easy to walk in and use their pool eveyday and fit right in. Its true the elevators are a bit slow and not too big, but your in one of the most gorgeous cities in the world, its an elevator, get over it. Have you ever seen elevators in Europe?
Overall, I'd return to this hotel without hesitation.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Cerro Calafate
- Howard Johnson El Calafate
- Howard Johnson Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Hotel Cerro Calafate El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel Cerro Calafate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.