we went to kilronan on easter saturday for 2 nights and were very disappointed. the room was ok but the sink was blocked.the spa was ok but very dark.we went for dinner in the restaurant which was devoid of atmosphere,only 2 other couples there.the food was disgusting,we had scallops for starters which were not fresh, i would say they were frozen. we had fillet steak which i asked for medium to well done, it was like cardboard and all dried up and compleatly tastlessand also fish for main course which also was not fresh, the staff in the restaurant were
indifferent and couldnt care less. they had very little english also. we had the cheese board and they had no cheese knives so they said all they had was a fish knife. we went to the bar after dinner to have an after dinner drink. we asked for a brandy but they had no brandy glasses, we could not believe it, they had only tumblers for the brandy.
we checked out the next morning and it cost us 310 euro for our experience, it was just a rip off
- Also Known As:
- Kilronan Castle Hotel Roscommon
- Kilronan Castle Hotel And Spa
- Kilronan Castle Hotel
- Kilronan Castle Roscommon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilronan Castle is one of Ireland’s most luxurious Castle Hotels in Roscommon Ireland, Kilronan Castle Ireland is the ancestral home of the Tennison family and the legendary Colonel King Tennison. It is one of a few Irish castle estates that can trace its history back to royal families. This secluded, luxury, Roscommon Castle hotel is majestically set on the shores of Lough Meelagh, surrounded by over forty acres of breathtaking Irish scenery, lush green pastures, ancient forests and historical points of interest. Approached by a meandering drive that passes acres of magnificent Roscommon lawns, the luxury Castle hotel overlooks a glistening lake which commands the panoramic beauty of the surrounds. Our World Class Spa & Leisure Centre is now open. Relax and unwind in our Pool or let us pamper you with one of our luxurious treatments. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of luxury, comfort and service. You will enjoy old world elegance with modern day comforts. One step inside Kilronan Castle, Roscommon and you are at home. With our warm and friendly atmosphere we will see to your every need, everything has been designed with your desires in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Olotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Kilronan Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.