This hotel is a great find. Although it accommodates many travelers, it feels peaceful and intimate; you can easily find a quiet spot to sit and read or watch nature, and you can just as easily arrange to go zip lining or tubing. There is free transportation, leaving every two hours or so, to the park and thermal pools. But even if you don't go to the park, there's lots to do. Some beautiful falls are just a mile or so from the hotel.
The staff were just lovely, very attentive and gracious. We ate from the buffet and were delighted by the quality of the food. The fish is especially good.
All in all, a lovely place with something for everyone--and only thirty minutes from Liberia.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.