We made the decision to stay at this hotel while traveling from Southern California to Northern California due to a snow storm. The lady at the front desk was not only impatient, but quite unwelcoming. They display the AAA sign behind the desk but said they would not honor the AAA discount or any other discounts. Although our room was clean, there was only half of one roll of toilet paper and when we went to the front desk to request more, she said we'd be lucky if we got any. The snow started that afternoon, so the hotel wasn't unreachable by trucks before then as she implied. She charged $135 for the room on a Sunday night that is normally listed by Best Western as $89 ($69 for the AAA rate) saying that her normal rate was $135 at one point and then later $155 so we were getting a deal. We talked to her about the price again in the morning and she maintained that she could charge whatever price she choose. The outside floors to reach the rooms were all tile and quite slippery when wet. We understood that it was likely busy due to the storm, but that is not the time to price gouge and be rude to customers who are being polite to you. Disappointing behavior from hotel desk staff (possibly owner) and poor choice of outdoor flooring considering location that gets both rain and snow. The room did not have posted Emergency Exits, Check Out Time or Base Rate for the room.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cajon Pass Hotel
- Best Western Cajon Pass Hotel Phelan
- Best Western Phelan
- Phelan Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Phelan hotel located at the base of the scenic San Bernardino Mountains and enjoy a peaceful, serene visit in California. The BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass is conveniently located at the junction of Highway 138 and Interstate 15 just minutes away from Glen Helen Regional Park where guests may enjoy fishing, swimming, nature trails and camping. The Pacific Rim Trail, Auto Club Speedway, San Manuel Amphitheater, Green Tree Golf Course and Mountain High Ski Resort are all just a short drive from this Phelan, California hotel. Guests will also appreciate the variety of nearby dining and shopping options. Each well-appointed room features free high-speed Internet access, an iron/ironing board, coffee/tea maker, microwave and refrigerator. Visitors may choose to upgrade to a business suite or a specialty room which will accommodate up to eight people. The BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass offers a complimentary continental breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and spa as well as beautiful mountain scenery. A friendly staff is standing by to ensure a comfortable and unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Best Western and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Cajon Pass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.