We wanted to have a three night getaway in a quiet location on the beach, and we found it! This Best Western Plus was exceptionally clean and well-maintained. The hotel is right on the ocean with beautiful views. We stayed in Room 287 and could sit inside or outside on the deck and see the ocean and the surfers in a nearby cove. The grounds are so well kept and they think of everything a visitor might want, eg., there are small benches to be able to sit and read or relax and look out at the ocean; as well as their nighttime fire pits are nicely spaced so you and your friends can really relax and enjoy the night outdoors. The rooms were immaculate and featured a nice wetbar, a very comfortable, large, oval shape tub, an easy to light wood burning fireplace (housekeeping cleans it out and sets it up every day for you), very soft and comfortable bed and pillows, and a large flat screen TV. Whoever decorated the rooms did a beautiful job. It has everything you could think of to feel right at home. The staff was excellent and very friendly. We ate in their restaurant and had no problems. The food was nicely prepared and very fresh. It would be considered more of a "diner" environment, but it was good. If you want a larger dining selection, I would suggest driving about 4 miles south to the beautiful sea town of Cambria. Hearst Castle is up the road about three miles away, and the elephant seals take up residence on a beach about seven miles away. Best of all is this hotel takes dogs, but the rooms and the grounds are not "doggie" in their appearance or enjoyment for non-dog owners. This is also an excellent location to enjoy the ocean views and grounds if you are travelling with someone who is in a wheelchair or cannot walk too easily. The grounds are on a very gentle, grassy slope making it easy to get around. We will definitely be back to this property!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Cavalier Oceanfront Hotel San Simeon
- Best Western Plus Cavalier Oceanfront Hotel
- Best Western San Simeon
- San Simeon Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full-service hotel, the only oceanfront resort property in San Simeon, situated 3 miles south of Hearst Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Best Western and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Cavalier Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.