Before I write this I should mention Holiday Inn asked me to fill out a survey online which I did expressing my unhappiness and asked someone to contact me. No one ever did. They clearly do not value their customers or wish to right wrongs.I stayed their for one night on a girls trip. I booked 2 rooms and cancelled one 3 days before. I was thanked for calling and told it was taken care of and when we arrived on Saturday I still had a reservation for both rooms. I informed them I had cancelled the room days earlier and they said there was nothing they could do without a confirmation (which I didn't ask to get over the phone, my mistake, lesson learned). So we ended up with 6 beds for 5 people when we only needed 3. When I went to check out the next day I was overcharged 20 dollars for each room. This time I knew I had a confirmation and so I waited in a long line to use the slowest computer while all my friends had breakfast. They would not accept the confirmation with the quote I was given even though I showed it to them on my phone. The front desk person was very rude. I asked to speak to the manager on duty. There was a sign posting his name at the front desk. She chuckled and said he didn't work on Sundays but she could call him. She called and he didn't answer. She said without a manager's approval there was nothing she could do.... but there was no manager to speak to. Finally when I refused to leave she took the 20 dollars off each room (including the room I called to cancel, how kind). Another group we were with stayed across the street at the Kronberg inn and had a lovely experience. Oh the Spa at the Holiday in was filthy and had bugs. A light in our room would not turn off so they sent a guy with a ladder to unscrew the bulb because they couldn't fix it. We will be staying across the street from here on out. Breakfast was free and decent. The mattress was the best part.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Solvang Hotel Solvang
- Holiday Inn Express Solvang Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come discover the preferred destination of travelers visiting the Santa Ynez Valley, the Holiday Inn Express Solvang. We are centrally located in the Danish Town of Solvang, walking distance to all of its major attractions. It is best known for its shopping, restaurants, chocolate factories and wine tasting rooms! Our hotel is centrally located within Santa Barbara County's Wine Valley. The Holiday Inn Express Solvang is within minutes to Vandenberg Air Force Base, renowned Wineries such as Firestone, Gainey, Buttonwood and Rusack. If you are a golf enthusiast then make the Holiday Inn Express Solvang your golfing headquarters. With our Monthly Golf Packages, you can golf at courses such as The Alisal River Course and La Purisima Golf Course.Our hotel is conveniently located just 30 minutes from the city of Santa Barbara, 20 minutes from Vandenberg Air Force Base and 30 minutes away from Santa Maria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Solvang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.