We decided to spend a weekend in Denver and chose to stay at this hotel. When driving into the city from the airport the hotel did not look too bad, although I have seen Ramadas in far better shape.
The first thing I noticed was the smell. This place must have been a smoker's paradise until just recently. When checking in, the staff was friendly. The other good thing about this place is the free and fast WiFi. But unfortunately, those are the only good points of the hotel.
1) A used syringe dropped out of the sheets just a couple of inches from my feet. Luckily, nobody got poked by it. When I confronted the front desk about their obviously lousy room keeping service, they promised to refund the night's stay when checking out. When checking out, the refund was denied for some bogus reason (for not having booked directly with Ramada, but through another website).
2) The rooms are not vintage, they are just old. The dark colors and – once again - the smell of cold cigarette smoke in combination with a carpet of an undefinable color and fiber added up to a very uncomfortable feeling. Besides its tiny size, the bathroom could not hide its age either: A hole in the shower curtain and far more than usual wear-and-tear rounded-up the whole bad impression.
Plus: The room was dirty (besides the syringe). I found long curly hairs in the sink and at the coat track. The bathroom floor was not clean either.
3) The rooms are noisy (at least those facing the street – Colfax equals heavy traffic) plus the dodgy establishments in the neighborhood added the bassline driven soundtrack to this stay throughout the night. Once the music stopped, room keeping started the vacuum cleaners, slamming doors, and just being unnecessarily loud in the hallway.
4) The parking lot is far too small for a hotel of this size. Other guests were made to park in the fire lane although a sign at the front desk informed them that the Denver PD would ticket and tow.
5) The name „Downtown Denver“ is misleading as it takes 10 minutes to get to the State Capitol, Civic Center and other real downtown sites. I was surprised by the large number of liquor stores and other questionable businesses around.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Downtown Denver Hotel Denver
- Ramada Inn Downtown Denver Hotel
- Ramada Inn Denver
- Ramada Downtown Denver
- Denver Ramada
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, Travelocity, HostelBookers, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Denver Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.