This was a very unusual place and beautifully done, we stayed in The Loft which was a stunning room and huge, it had everything in it including a small kitchen including large fridge, a table with four chairs, a nice lounge area with sofa and chairs and a huge bed. The attention to detail in the room was wonderful and the views were stunning overlooking the sea. Unfortunately this room was at the top of the first flight of stairs which was the only access to the rest of the place/rooms, so everyone had to pass our 2 windows and shutting the blinds would mean we would not have had the sea view, this did not cause a problem because the property was not too busy and everyone passing obviously tried not to look. Also next door and almost attached to the property was a bar and restaurant which had it been open I am not sure if it would have been noisy, however we had a wonderful quiet nights sleep. Cedar Key itself is a lovely little place but not much to do unless you like fishing, there are some nice places to eat and it was wonderful for a 2 day trip. The parking outside the property was no problem but there is only street parking so I can imagine if it was in high season parking would have been a problem.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Key Harbour Master Hotel Cedar Key
- Cedar Key Harbour Master Hotel
- Cedar Key Harbour Master Suites Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The views from this southernmost locale in Cedar Key cannot be duplicated. A kaledidoscope of radiant sunrises and sunsets delight all those who choose to accept our hospitality. Screened porches and private balconies assure you of an idyllic haven in which to soothe and restore your soul. A courtyard garden surrounding a grand fountain adds to the ambiance of the experience. Nine individually-appointed accommodations will lure you to this premier location on Dock Street. ... more less