I wanted a couple days off to celebrate my birthday. A bit of a mini-vacation, if you will. I only live an hour away from Clearwater Beach, and so I wanted something basic, and cheap (keeping in mind I'm a college student, and I work part-time). I saw no sense in paying the ridiculous tourist prices for a bed to sleep in. For that, this place was fantastic.
I reserved a room for myself and my sister. We arrived, and were lucky(?) enough to be upgraded to a bigger room, because the owner had rented ours to someone else. The first night, we bought a few groceries and stayed up in the room, only leaving twice, for dinner and for a bit of night-swimming on the beach. We were exceptionally quiet, I have no problem saying.
The room itself was bearable, to say the least. The AC unit was taped to the wall and very loud. Had we been squeamish, our gecko friend might have scared us off. The dishes were... eclectic. The maid service appeared rare (you have to clean the room before you leave, basically, lest you get charged).
The owner, however, was very polite and friendly when we arrived. I liked him a great deal, until the second day of our stay. I asked three of my friends over to go to the beach. They arrived, and were waiting for me beside the pool, while I got together a bag. The owner preceded to ask me aside and tell me he wanted them off his premises immediately, and that they were free-loading unless I paid for them to stay. His impression of myself and my friends may have been inaccurate, because we are young, but I happen to be under the impression that if I am paying for a room, not damaging anything/breaking the law, and am not disturbing the other paying guests, I may do as I please. I was polite, though, as he had my credit card information, and we left for the beach, but the day was severely dampened, as my friends were then too nervous to even join me for a drink in my room.
I certainly would not go here again, in hopes of finding more polite, and less arrogant and presumptuous innkeepers elsewhere.
- Also Known As:
- Traveler Hotel
- Traveler Hotel Clearwater
- Traveler Motel Clearwater
- Traveler Motel Clearwater, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are English owned offering spacious good clean accommodation catering to families, couples, and business people alike, who just want to chill out in our tranquil surroundings, swim in our large pool or conduct business in a relaxing atmosphere. We are a two-minute walk to the beach and the Hilton Hotel. No need for a car here, everything is within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Traveler Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.