Of the 4 days we stayed there, 2 days were spent with no water. The place is under construction but this is no excuse for being without water service. You would assume that contracting for a four night stay that running water would be included. Since the water was shut off, there was not toilets or showers. The smell of sewer from over flowing toilets forced us from our room. A phone call to the front desk was left to ringing for 15 minutes and never answered. I went down to the front desk personally and found that the staff was hiding in the back room. I can understand them not wanting to face the problem but what a terrible way to handle this. I finally got the manager to come out and speak to me but was told that she was sorry but nothing could be done but drink coupons were available. I spoke with others that stayed there and they were credited $100 off their bill. I was offered a drink coupon. I told the manager that a coupon for a drink at the bar did me little good since that would only result in me having to use the bathroom more.
I would expect the same pat response from the acting manager that others have received on this site but inviting me to speak to him should I visit Key West again will be the last thing I do. I'll find another hotel that actually can offer a quality stay.
Being a business owner myself, I own up to any problem my customers encounter. I make sure that my customers feel they are treated fairly and will return to establishment again. This place extends a "sorry bout that" response and you are on your own. This is the worst business practice I have ever experienced. Again, with this type of policy, giving this hotel another chance is the last thing I would ever do.
La Concha made this Key West vacation the worst vacation I have ever experienced.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha Hotel Key West
- Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Key West
- Key West Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel La Concha Key West is a unique and historic hotel located directly on Duval Street within walking distance of all major attractions, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife. Built in 1926, home to luminaries like Hemingway, Truman, Tennessee Williams (when he wrote a Streetcar Named Desire). La Concha Hotel offers the most spectacular 360 degree view, with nightly Sunset Celebration and all of Key West from the 7th Floor deck and lounge at the top of the hotel. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner served daily in Jacks Seafood Shack. Outdoorswimming pool and pool bar on the second floor level. Fitness Room 4th floor, free weights and cardio equipment. CORNER PANTRY, off the lobby, snacks, soft drinks, sundries, ice cream, tee shirts, hats... etc. A Starbuck's Coffee Shop is located on the Lobby level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Key West La Concha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.