I typically don't find anything wrong with Holiday Inn but this one (I feel) needs some updating and good scrubbing! I've been at Holiday Inns that were rated 2 to 2.5 stars that were in A LOT better shape and a lot cleaner than this one.
I booked the room on Priceline and nowhere was I informed about a $5 + Tax resort fee per night until after I had checked in!
I have to say, their ice machine also needs some maintenance. Got some ice to keep milk cool and while it looked find in its frozen form, by the time it melted there were HUGE black flecks in it! Thankfully I didn't put ice in any of my drinks. All I can say is EWWW!!!!
As an update, it's now 11:30pm at night...and the front desk just messed up and assigned my room to another guest! They had a key card and everything! Luckily, my security bolt was done but seriously??? Their excuse was that they had a big group to deal with. So what???
Another update (it's currently the morning after). I woke up with my room invoice slipped under the door with a complimentary breakfast voucher to apologize for the inconvenience. It was so much more than an inconvenience! Maybe for the other guest but it was a complete breach of privacy and security for me! Especially traveling alone and being female! Talked to the assistant manager and am got the resort fees and one night comped. BTW, she had no clue that this had happened at all! Still not happy since it should've never happened in the first place.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Kissimmee, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devote your time to fun activities at Holiday Inn, Main Gate East, located in Kissimmee, Florida, off U.S. Highway 192 East (also known as the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). We are an official Walt Disney Good Neighbor full-service hotel! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, kid suites, meeting facilities, pool, kids theater, and business and fitness centers! Reminisce with M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the world-famous Walt Disney World resort in nearby Orlando. See the characters come alive at the Magic Kingdom. Travel to futuristic times at Epcot center. Witness pure movie magic at Disney s Hollywood Studios. Visit Osceola Heritage Park, a 120-acre multipurpose complex that offers exciting sports and entertainment shows. Catch a concert or event at the Silver Spurs Arena, or a baseball game at the Osceola County Stadium. Shop at the Loop, a large outdoor strip mall housing major department stores and smaller retail stores, casual restaurants, and a movie theater. Rev your engine and head to Old Town, a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. Enjoy live entertainment each night and don t miss the Classic Car Cruises. Rejuvenate with a tasty hot breakfast at our Trattoria Cafe. Eat hearty from our Best-4-Breakfast menu. Enjoy a leisurely, peaceful vacation or comfortable working environment at our hotel, where Kids Stay Free and Kids Eat Free. Relax, it s Holiday Inn, Main Gate East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Main Gate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.