On a recent four night stay in Disney World celebrating my 65th birthday with my family, we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. This is a lodge reminiscent of the great lodges of the National Parks. Using log construction and a breathtaking four story lobby, Disney imparts the sense of having entered into a lodge surrounded by conifer forests within the confines of Yellowstone or Yosemite. In reality, you are only a stone's throw away from the Magic Kingdom. The decor and ambiance is what you would expect from a Disney Deluxe Resort Hotel. Meal options within the lodge range from cafes to signature table service restaurants. Our room was quite comfortable with a view of the primary pool and Bay Lake. My wife was quite pleased with the double sinks in the bathroom. We did discover that the lodge has a secondary pool providing a quieter pool experience. Transportation to the theme parks is provided by bus or boat on Bay Lake. On several occasions we did find the wait for buses to be longer than expected.
To some the view of the 9:30 PM Electrical Parade plying the waters of Bay Lake would be a plus, but my daughter found that the music from the parade made it difficult to get our 5 year old grandson and 2 year old granddaughter to sleep after long days at the theme parks. On the other hand, Disney is not exactly where you go for rest and relaxation.
As usual, we found the Disney customer service to be above and beyond. We have stayed on Disney property two other times (Beach Club Resort and Polynesian Resort), and although we loved the Wilderness Lodge, we found that having access to the monorail from your hotel to be a plus. The Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and Polynesian Resorts all have monorail stops within the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Wilderness Lodge
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Wilderness Lodge Disney
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge—inspired by the Great American Northwest National Park lodges from the turn of the 20th century—is an architecturally grand Disney Deluxe Resort hotel honoring American craftsmanship and artistry, and celebrating the majesty of the unspoiled wilderness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.